Welcome to SWINDON and DISTRICT BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION
We are a friendly and welcoming group of beekeepers. We range in experience from beginner beekeepers to some members who have been beekeeping for many years. The objective of Swindon and District Beekeepers Association is to encourage and advance beekeeping in the district of Swindon and its environs on the most recent and scientific principles of beekeeping. In doing so the Association may as appropriate and resources allow, but not solely, conduct and support research, the breeding of well-tempered and productive bees, control and eliminate disease, assist members in the disposal of their products and create a brotherhood among beekeepers for the benefit of the industry and themselves.
BENEFITS OF FULL MEMBERSHIP TO SWINDON & DISTRICT BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION
Press here for link to ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION 2020-21
- Bee disease insurance.
- Selling honey and/or bee products insurance. Public liability (£10m).Product liability (£10m).
- Help, advice and guidance from fellow beekeepers with many years of experience.
- Family members may also attend S&DBKA meetings and events.
- Participate in educational courses run by S&DBKA.
- Access to S&DBKA library of books and magazines.
- Loan of branch equipment.
- Receive copy of the S&DBKA newsletter.
- Membership to Wiltshire Beekeepers Association.
- Members of WBKA receive a hard copy of HoneyBee Times, which is currently produced in January, May, September and November. They also receive a County Year Book in February
- Attend meetings organised by other county branches.
- Receive copy of the British Beekeepers Association newsletter.
- Access to the British Beekeepers Association members’ website.
- Access to the BBKA examination scheme
- Discount on tickets to the annual British Beekeepers Association spring convention
- We actively encourage members to have their names and addresses registered with BeeBase – www.defra.gov.uk/beebase