Thanks are due to:
Ron Hoskins, former President of the Swindon Association, for the extremely long-term
loan of his magazine and document collection for scanning. Those magazines have now
been kindly donated to the Archive by Ron, but you can still see items scanned from his
magazines in the electronic or E Archive.
Ken Hislop, who was a member in the1960s and who has kindly donated his collection
of magazines and miscellaneous documents to the Swindon Archive.
These make up the bulk of the magazines in the hard H Archive.
Terry Cooke, of Kennett Beekeepers, for his donation of part of his collection of
Mike Farrar, of Salisbury Beekeepers, for kindly loaning his collection of magazines,
to enable relevant contents to be scanned and displayed in the E Archive.
The staff at The Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre in Chippenham, who have been
extremely helpful in locating information and allowing me to make copies of relevant
Veteran beekeepers and their relatives for patiently telling me their stories.
Members, for sharing their photographs of Association events.
- The Wiltshire Beekeepers’ Bulletin, Gazette and Honeybee Times.
These magazines are a valuable source of information about The Swindon Association
- Interviews with veteran beekeepers.
- Photographs – Paul Vickery, other members
- Press – Swindon Advertiser, Wiltshire Gazette and Herald, National Newspapers and other local publications, and the BBC for copies of various broadcasts.
- Documents belonging to the Swindon Branch and/or lent by members of other Wiltshire branches.
- Documents published by The British Beekeepers’ Association.
- Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre at Chippenham.
The Centre holds records and documents relating to the Wiltshire and Swindon Associations. Documents can be viewed by arrangement by ringing 01249 705500.
Click here for a list of items held at the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre